Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Outlook 2003

• Please log in to reply

ckjhalpin

ckjhalpin

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hi all,

I hope you can help me, I work for a small company and we are using Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003 Server. The Partners within the company are sending each other emails that are private and confidential (Internal within the domain)
They want the emails totally secure so no staff are able to view them other than themselves.

Is this possible?

If so how do I go about doing this?

Easy to implement?

Thank you for any feedback!

Chris

Advertisements

Mr. Green

Mr. Green

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Are you using single computers with multiple users and what are you using as your email server, is it you own exchange server or are you using an outside source like yahoo or gmail and forwarding it using pop3?

ckjhalpin

ckjhalpin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
We have a network of 20 users who have romaing profiles but everyone stays on there own pc. We have 1 server which is ours and is on the network, we have Windows 2003 Server and Exchange Server 2003 installed.

Mr. Green

Mr. Green

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
The easiest thing I can think of is set up .pst files and have all the users e-mails sent there and then password protect the .pst that should give them some security. also, why use roaming profiles if everyone is stationary( it doesnt affect anything I am just curious)

Also for a more drastic aproach you could make everyone log on using a smart card and encrypt the mail through outlook using the certificates you place on the smart card. The only thing with this is that it get expensive ie: the cards and the readers add up in price but having to use the card to log onto their computers and to send email does give the users a strong sense of security, until they start loosing the cards then it becomes a hassle.

Edited by Mr. Green, 23 October 2006 - 10:20 AM.

ckjhalpin

ckjhalpin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Thanks I will give that a go and see if that helps.

Some of the users do go to different PC's but rarely, it is easier for me to just do that for everyone, incase they need to and I am not around.

Chris