Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

blue screen of death

• Please log in to reply

safari

safari

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I have a laptop which has a japanase OS (Win XP) installed on it. Now what I'm trying to do (and I hope it will be possible with your expertise) is to reinstall a Win XP with an "english version". So, I got a win xp pro sp2 (OEM) and start to boot from cdrom. Unfortunately I've got a blue screen with an error message while the window setup is loading:

Technical information:
****STOP: 0X0000007B (0XF9972524, 0XC0000034, 0X00000000, 0X00000000) inaccessible_boot_device

BTW, I have also done the ffwng:

1. Check the website of the manufacturer to see if I can get any info about it, but its written in japanase.
2. I have run chkdsk/f on the hard disk drive and there's no physical bad sectors. \
3. I have deleted all the partitions and format the hard disk using fdisk.exe

But I still encountered the STOP error everytime I try to reinstall the XP. What does it mean? I'm not a technical person but I can follow instructions.

I would appreciate all your help to fix this problem . Thank you.

Advertisements

GrantG

GrantG

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Boot into your BIOS
(Restart computer, push the 'Del' button until it opens your bios. What is your first boot device - cdrom drive? Harddrive? You want it to boot initially from your cdrom drive then install onto your harddrive. Make sure this bios setting is correct, if no change post back

safari

safari

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Actually, I don't have a problem to boot up from the cdrom coz once I placed the XP cd in it, it automatically boot from there. Then the windows setup starts, but before I reach into the selection wherein I can choose to "create, delete, format partition" the system stop with a blue screen and an error STOP:Inaccessible_boot_device.