Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I dont know what the problem is

• Please log in to reply

CanadianMetal16

CanadianMetal16

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
yesterday i bought some extra stuff to put inside my vaio computer and i realized that i needed a more powerful power supply, and because my case had some scratches and stuff on it, i bought a new case, after putting everything into the new case i boot it up and it says
"reboot and select proper boot device"
i tried reinstalling windows, and when it gets to the part where it has to restart, it restarts and when it comes back up tries to install windows from scratch
i tried resetting the bios, no luck
i tried using 2 other hdds, one from a computer that didnt work, and it gave me an error i dont remember what it was tho
and the other was the one off the computer im using right now, and when it tried to boot windows it just keeps restarting itself
any help would be appreciated

Advertisements

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Hi, welcome to geeks
this one interests me
remember I am working blind so bare with me

you will agree I hope that since it is exactly the same parts thoughout, it must be the wiring that is not corect, start with power, harddrive, ram, graphics card and see what that gives you then add the bits one by one until everything is on then install

Edited by fleamailman, 20 October 2006 - 05:15 PM.

CanadianMetal16

CanadianMetal16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
actually after it wasnt working i moved them all back into the old case and i get the exace same errors, and ive checked all the wiring many times