Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Green Text POPUPSEARCHES.COM crap HJT Log help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

insipid

insipid

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
You apparently don't have enough priviledges to edit the registry, that's why the tool won't create the export file. Is this a work computer, or yours? Do you have anyone available who CAN log in as Administrator?

Advertisements

JustAnotherGuy

JustAnotherGuy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
family computer, im the most computer savvy

insipid

insipid

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
I've never had to recover an Administrator password before, I know there are ways to do it, but I'd like to go the safest route. I've asked for suggestions from the experts, I'll have an answer for you soon.

JustAnotherGuy

JustAnotherGuy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
actually, i found out the password for the Administrator account and i logged on in safe mode. then i used the RegSearch.exe for svchGst.exe but got the same error again for creating the reg.txt file. it also shows the same information in notepad as last time.

also, i have admin rights for the current user as well as being able to log in as Administrator.

Edited by JustAnotherGuy, 16 April 2005 - 11:20 AM.

insipid

insipid

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
Good, now let's go with another registry search tool, since the other isn't working for us. Please download Registry Search tool here http://www.billsway.com/vbspage/. Extract it to it's own folder and double-click to run it.

Paste svchGst.exe into the find box and click 'OK'. It will run for a time, and open a notepad document. Post the text in a reply here.

Just in case this doesn't work, and I'm not at all sure why the other tool didn't, can you run regedit? (Click Start >> Run and type regedit in the box). As a rule, I try not to ask people to manually edit the registry, but we may need to do so.

insipid

insipid

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic is closed. If you need it reopened, contact a staff member.