Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

APC BE650R UPS

• Please log in to reply

rlprlp

rlprlp

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello. I just purchased the above named UPS for my HP Pavilion a1220n desktop with Windows XP Home SP2 a few days ago. I am having trouble installing the CD software (called "PowerChute) that goes with the product. Each attempt that I have made to install it (4 times) gives the same results. After the program installs and I click "Finish", this error message pops up: "RUNDLL ; Error loading C:\PROGRA~1\APC\APC ; The specified module could not be found." The program is installed; I can configure settings and such, but when I try to test the UPS by unplugging it to simulate a power outage, the program does not shut down the PC as it is supposed to. Instead, the exact same message described above pops up over and over indefinitely. The APC tech support seems to think that my PC is not recognizing the UPS, but I have explained to them that the Windows XP built-in power management system controls it just fine, and recognizes the unit right down to its serial number. In the Power Options of the Windows Control Panel, the UPS tab has been replaced with Alarms and Power Meter tabs, and I can set up shut-down with it. However, I would much prefer to use the PowerChute software, as it allows for many more options. APC's tech support is trying to be helpful, but I think that they may be simply giving me pre-written troubleshooting procedures, and that they don't truly know what they are doing. If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it. Thank you to all who take the time to reply.

This question is really that tough? Not one response; even if it's just to tell me that there's nothing I can do?

Edited by rlprlp, 22 October 2006 - 05:53 AM.

Advertisements

mstendah

mstendah

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

did you ever manage to solve this issue? I run into the same today. What is strange is that I hade PowerChute Personal Edition 2 installed and working. I then deciced to uninstall it and try the UPS without it. When I reinstalled PowerChute I started getting these errors and cannot get rid of them.

Any ideas?