Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Laptop screen install gone bad 101...have mercy

• Please log in to reply

CurtSeattle

CurtSeattle

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have an HPzd7000 laptop.

My dogs bone shot into the screen a month or so and cracked it (long story). I found a replacement screen online and ordered it.

Last night, I replaced my old screen with the shiny new screen and it went off without a hitch (or so I thought!).

When I turned the computer back on, the screen was split into 4 parts. A top and bottom section with the top section being 2/3 larger than the bottom section. Also split into a left and right part which are pretty much equidistant from each other.

The side that is normally the left side starts in the middle and goes right. If I move the mouse from the middle to towards the right side, I can go through the right side of the screen and pop out from the left side moving towards the middle. The cursor will stop at the middle when going either left to right or right to left as if the computer thinks that is the monitor screen edge.

Any ideas? It is a pretty simple swapout in that I only had to unplug and replug in (with the new screen) 3 wires and I made sure everything went back into its normal sport.

I took everything apart again and made sure all connections are good.

I'm really hoping it is some setting on the computer I can switch. I did go through the display properties and make sure it wasn't on multiple monitors, but that didn't help.

I hooked up my computer to a tv and the screen was normal (well the colors were off, but I figured that was some other issue). The screen did the fill the TV screen normally and their was no splitting issue when I outputted from the S-Video output on my computer to the TV.

Please help. I am usually pretty good with stuff, but I'm thinking maybe I got a bad replacement screen (even though they say it was tested and it seems to be working in every way except the 4 part split screen issues).

Thanks,
Curt

Advertisements

CurtSeattle

CurtSeattle

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Lil help? :whistling: