Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Reinstall Help

• Please log in to reply

arrrgh

arrrgh

• Pip
  • 8 posts
hey guys, i use a sony vaio tx27gp, i got it just a few days back.... i was using it and suddenly it just went off and it wouldn't start. once i managed to get inside windows using safe-mode. but it gave-in half-way through the start up. so i used the recovery cd and i cleared the c drive. but when it restarted i got loads of error messages. mostly saying that this particular file is missing or corrupt. then i got a windows xp cd. and i tried and tried a couple of times. and i get the same messages. i tried formating the whole hard drive and reinstalling it back. didn't work too. :whistling: help me.

the drivers is not really a problem...because i got them on the recovery cd. and i also went to the sony people.. they 're not helping coz i don't have a warranty.

Advertisements

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Hi, this one interests me
remember I am working blind so bare with me
also if you haven't mentioned it yet:
- what model of computer = viao laptop
- what os, XPpro or home
- how old is it = new

it sounds very much like hardware, not software, I can only think of taking it back to the shop, but what is the situation now since you have reformatted it, did you get to clean install the os even with problem or not at all

Edited by fleamailman, 21 October 2006 - 01:54 PM.

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts
I think that's a problem with your hard drive. Did it emit any weird noises? You might want to take it to a lab so they would check out if that's the problems, since laptops are a though nut to crack (Literally... Pardon the pun) and open.

Oh and BTW -- Arrgh, are you a member in http://www.filesoup.co.uk? :whistling:

arrrgh

arrrgh

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
well the laptop is a vaio txgo27. its about 3 months old. and i couldn't reinstall the os completely. i manage to go till the hard disk format and check. but after the restart i have this message showing up again. --- please click 'r' with windows cd. did that didn't work... and sometimes its even 'dll not found for hal'. i

arrrgh

arrrgh

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
and yea my hard disk doesn't emit any noises. it works fine. i dunno what happend.

arrrgh

arrrgh

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
no. i am not a member of that. though i am an avid torrent user.

arrrgh

arrrgh

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
btw i have also tried 'F8ing' gone into safe mode. everything. even after i fresehly installed windows xp. doesn't work.. i have also tried messing with the recovery console. didn't work

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
try once more with full format (not quick) but this is bad and I would take it back

arrrgh

arrrgh

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
arrrrrgh. same thing again. same message --
load needed dlls for hal

*** STOP: 0x000000A5 (0x00000001, 0x8136C698, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

"Windows could not start because following file is missing or corrupt:

\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM

You can attempt to repair this file by starting Windows Setup using the original Setup CD-ROM.

Select 'r' at the first screen to start repair.

arrrgh

arrrgh

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
kkeeps repeating too.

arrrgh

arrrgh

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
also says that i should update my bios. thanks

Edited by arrrgh, 21 October 2006 - 02:54 PM.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
yep that is what I am getting too, I am looking into idea of the battery being weak here, I am out of my depth here so I am not going to advise you until I have checked up a few things, perhaps someone else might before I get back