Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Crashing computer

• Please log in to reply

fenbrook2

fenbrook2

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Dell Dimension 4550 computer with 2.4 Mz Intel Processor. I have 1 GB RAM and a60 GB hard drive with 20 GB free. I am using XP
My computer is freezing up. All that is running on task bar is zone alarm, nod32 and windows live messenger. MY available physical memory is usually running around 500 MB.
When i go to plug in card reader to download picture Iget a message saying drive not found...then I freeze up. My DVD-RW sometimes changes to say CD_ROM and won;t play DVD's. Other times my compute freezes for no apparent reason.
I have done disc cleanup and defrag.
I have run virus scan (clear), Adaware (clear) and spybot (clear).
Any suggestiions would be greatly appreciated....Thanks Dianne

Advertisements

DellCA

DellCA

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Dianne-

My name is John, and I work for Dell as a customer advocate at Dell headquarters. I found your post, and would like to help if I can.

It would be much easier to assist you with a problem like this if I could contact you directly, as we have a tool available called DellConnect which allows us to interactively test your system remotely from within our network. Please feel free to contact me at customer_advocate@dell.com, and we will see what we can do.

If you've already figured everything out and don't need any help, let me know.

John
Dell Customer Advocate