Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Random Disconnects!

• Please log in to reply

Kurenai

Kurenai

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 494 posts
er...change the channel on the router, and see if the issue continues? There are quite a few quirky wireless cards out there that just do not like certain channels.

Advertisements

GFix

GFix

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Sorry about the late reply I have been on holiday. I have found the name of my Network Card and the Manufacturer its: EDIMAX 802.11g

Thanks.

GFix

GFix

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I am still having the problem, I have tried a different Network card, this has no effect I am still experiencing random disconnects while having full connection speed and signal strength any ideas?

Thanks.

vise

vise

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Not sure if I should do this but I'm just going to blurt it out. Seeing as the procedures haven't worked, have you thought of buying a new network card, installing, and updating the drivers?

*Sorry didn't seem to see the previous post*

Edited by vise, 11 December 2006 - 09:55 PM.