Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Halo, Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo Wars, Halo 3

• Please log in to reply

Steve Soleimani

Steve Soleimani

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Just wanted to start a general discussion on the Halo series.

I have a Xbox 360 and play Halo 2 on Xbox Live.

Gamertag: TechMan1000

What do you guys think about the Halo Wars game comming out soon to Xbox 360.

Also what do you think they will add to Halo 3, like weapons, vehicles, maps.

Advertisements

Soul Reaper

Soul Reaper

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I know a crap load id like to share about halo. #1 before halo1 was released there was a series of emails sent to bungie from an entity named Cortana which depicted the halo-halo2-and possibly halo3 storylines.#2 is that there are 2 not 1 spartans 117(MC) and 058 still in cryo on the PoA.#3 Sgt. johnson is believed to carry a special version of the flood infection that lies dormant and reproduces and gives life to cells thus explaining why johnson was able to die and come back so many times in the series.#4 Halo 3 takes place in africa. Specifically Mombasa. in the background of the halo 3 trailer is Mt kilimanjaro is in the background. also another proof of this is that on the Halo2 soundtrack volume 2 there is a song called road to Voi which is a small town close to mombasa, Kenya.#5 Master Chiefs real name(or at least the name given to his spartan self is John-117. If you look in the bible in the book of john chapter 1 verse 17&18 it basically describes Master Chief.#6 the ark as reffered to in the end of Halo 2 where the halos can be remotely activated is supposed to be Noah's ark(yet another halo bible reference) which is believed to be inside that covenant base thing seen in the Halo3 trailer.#6 the flood is not gone it is supposedly on earth because word is that a cloaked elite with the same type of flood DNA as johnson is onboard the ship MC is on in the end of Halo2.#7the gun MC is holding in Halo3 is not the MA5B it is slightly different.#8 there are 2 main theories on who built the rings. one is that the covenant ancestors built it but hid it and it wiped out all of them except a small colony(the ancestors of todays covenant) that is why they know how to use them so well. the other is that there were other human planets along with earth and those humans built it and they were killed but the humans on earth survived. SO I am allowing you to decide. Ok so if you wanna discuss or add anything please reply :whistling:

Steve Soleimani

Steve Soleimani

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Wow interesting. Never heard any of this. I didn't read the books, but I play the game a lot. So what do you think is going on with Halo Wars, and Halo 3 (I mean as in new additions).

Gamertag: TechMan1000(Banned from matchmaking)
Do you have one? (I can still play XBL custom games) (and I have a Xbox 360 trick for you, if you have 360 and XBL)

p.s. - Do you mind if I refrence your interesting post with other forums that I am a part of?

Soul Reaper

Soul Reaper

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
My views on halo wars and halo 3 are well..... in Halo 3 Chiefs armor is definetly different as in little tweaks and it sort of looks gold. He now has different gloves....yes i know dumb just to change gloves the most but really i believe gameplay is the same. Halo wars is Supposed to be a RTS if im not mistaken(real time strategy) so that will be really amazing....for some people especially strategy game fans such as my self. if it all works out Wars will be a Xbox Live game where teams of say 5 so there is a max of 10 in each game 5 are covenant and 5 are human each race working together to wipe out their enemy.

I am sry at the moment i can afford xbox live so i dont have a user name. And as far as you reffering to my post go ahead its not classified or anything....just as long as i get some credit in where the info came from...lol...seriously...

Soul Reaper

Soul Reaper

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
o yeah i dont have 360 either im kinda broke.

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
I didn't know any of that stuff. Thats pretty cool. I dont have a 360 eithe but plan on getting one soon.

Steve Soleimani

Steve Soleimani

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Xbox 360 is well worth the money, I must say. Xbox Live + Halo 2 + Wireless Controllers = OMG (lol).

Upcomming game to go crazy about:

Gears of War
Halo Wars
Halo 3

and an absolute must have if you get a Xbox 360 with Xbox Live is HALO 2!!!

btw - Go for the Xbox 360 with the HD and wireless controllers, well worth the money, its actually a waste of money to only get the core (lame) package.

Have any questions about Xbox Live on a Xbox 360, just ask and ill be glad to try my best and help, or any questions about Halo 2 live.

Soul Reaper

Soul Reaper

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
To check out the Cortana letters check here

http://marathon.bung...ry/cortana.html

mistryman

mistryman

• Pip
  • 7 posts
i love halo and i cant wait for halo 3. That is goin to be the only reason of buying a 360. And it better be worth it :whistling:

Soul Reaper

Soul Reaper

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I just put 2 and 2 together and figure out the halo 3 storyline this is not officialy confirmed however. Halo3 takes place in Mombasa,Africa ok so if you think that is close to the equator(A GIANT [bleep]ING RING) so say there is a halo inside of earth. Ok so in the first cortana letter it states you Eliot guy had it wrong this is how the world ends. OK T.S. Eliot wrote a poem stating how the world would end. SO if the covenant activate the halo in earth BAM WERE ALL DEAD!!! thats how i think halo 3 will end.

Advertisements

Angst

Angst

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
No 360, No Live... If I get the right stuff, I'll get connect. Or XLink Kai. I'm to cheap to get live.

Steve Soleimani

Steve Soleimani

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
or you can get XBConnect - Online gaming for the Xbox, 360 and PSP

Cella PMS

Cella PMS

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I actually met a couple of the developers on Halo 1 & 2 earlier this year. They knew they screwed up on Halo 2 and they assured that they would make up for the mistakes with what they're including in Halo 3. So I am guessing that Co-op for H3 will be equally as entertaining as it was in Halo. I am excited.

:whistling:

SLI-Owns You

SLI-Owns You

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
wow thats some neat info really cool

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
My friend came over with his Xbox and we played Halo 2. We played and in about an hour we got to the 5th or 6th level. Can't remember. I can't wait for Halo 3 but it sucks that its coming out next November.