Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

best program for...

• Please log in to reply

Walker

Walker

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
I have a few DVDs that are completely in their original VOB format from a direct copy. When I try to burn these DVDs with nero I can never keep the menu from the original DVD. It will say it is empty and force me to delete in one of the first steps. I was wondering is there an easier program where I can just point and click once pretty much to get this done quickly. It amazes me that I cannot just somehow tell Nero, make an exact copy of this VIDEO_TS folder without any hassles.

So how do I keep the menu in Nero 6? and is there an easier program for this sort of DVD burning?

Thanks!

Edited by Walker, 26 October 2006 - 02:58 AM.

Advertisements

GrantG

GrantG

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Although everyone claims Nero Burning ROM is by far the best burning rom available, whereas I find DVD Decrypter the best. It's not as freely available these days(not because of any legal matters) so here's a download link Google provided:

link removed, we are unable provide the link

Edited by starjax, 21 October 2006 - 07:42 PM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
what version of nero are you running and have you gone to nero.com and downloaded the latest updates for your version?

Walker

Walker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
im running nero 6 and i have gotten the latest updates :whistling:

Walker

Walker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Well I got a hold of DVD Decrypter and it looks like it's only purpose is to backup DVDs on to your hard drive.

I want a program that can essentially just take a video ts folder and make an exact copy of the DVD that was backed up into that folder, without too many difficult steps. I mainly am just frustrated I can't keep my menus on Nero, when I create DVD it just starts off with that menu creator menu with the island background. I know that I can customize the menu a bunch, but I want my original DVD menus!

Although everyone claims Nero Burning ROM is by far the best burning rom available, whereas I find DVD Decrypter the best. It's not as freely available these days(not because of any legal matters) so here's a download link Google provided:

link removed, we are unable provide the link

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Does your version of Nero have Nero Recode

Walker

Walker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
I got recode with Nero 7 Premium which I bought today, so here goes nothing! thanks for your help

Edited by Walker, 26 October 2006 - 04:41 AM.

Walker

Walker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
now nero won't let me burn at 16x, only 4x and 8x with recode. so here i go trying to figure this part out.

Walker

Walker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
OK, all of Nero is only letting me burn DVDs at 8x when I should be able to burn at 16x. I have updated all my drivers/programs/firmware involved and came up with no solution. Does anyone know what to do? I am kind of frustrated that I have invested all this time and money into Nero and still have problems as stupid as this.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Even if you have a 16X writer and 16X media, they rarely record at that

See if it burns first

Walker

Walker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
i would think that it would at least let me choose to burn at 16x though, correct? it used to give me that option on nero 6.

also, i just realized that with dvd shrink it also is not showing 16x as an option either, only 8 and 4. i am trying to update my drivers and stuff again, it's a shot in the dark but i don't know what to do now. this dvd burner is just over a month old i really want to get the max speed i can possible.

Edited by Walker, 26 October 2006 - 05:27 AM.

Walker

Walker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
i think my samsung liveupdate was updating with the wrong driver or something, because i went to the samsung site and got it manually and it lets me select 16x now! :whistling: nice

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Odd that all programmes are not getting the speed correct, see what the driver update does