Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

All of a sudden can't use my CD-ROM!

• Please log in to reply

sweetcindylouwho

sweetcindylouwho

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Here's the deal...On Tues I was all excited to FINALLY get DSL, got it all loaded and have had to do a little adjusting. I have Dell computer with XP and set up for 4 users...oddly Verizon setup icons on my user acct, not any one else's.

My preference is Firefox for browser, so after ensuring DSL was functional I set to uninstalling my dial up provider... then today I found out I needed internet explorer for something, which was linked to my dial up provider... So that led me to downloading IE from the web. Well I didn't realize that IE7 was a beta version and once it was loaded on my computer it wouldn't work, so then I tried to remove it and load IE6 instead...

Then it wouldn't let me cuz even tho I thought I got all of IE7 (novice user here) it still said that it was present...that made me mad so I decided I was gonna fix the Verizon set up and reload that CD and see if it would load under all users --- it was then that I found out that my hard drive no longer recognizes my CD-ROM....I have a Sony CDRW DVD CRX330E.......I have searched many sites to download a driver and cannot find one...I tried the system restore thing on XP--I tried the uninstally and hardware wizard thing and it still says there is a CD-ROM with out a driver.... HELP !!! I have really boogered UP!

I have had this computer for almost 3 years with relatively no problems until the last 3 days and now all this... Can someone please help!?

Thank you soooo much...God bless..
:whistling:

Advertisements