Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need Some help with a computer build

• Please log in to reply

Dark Blade

Dark Blade

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Alright so heres the issue. This is my computers specs.
AMD Athlon FX-57 2.8ghz Watercooled
4gigs of OCZ RAM
(2) XFX GeForce 7950 GX2 (2 gigs of video ram)
Creative X-FI 7.1 Surround Sound
Thermaltake 750watt PSU
ACER 24" Monitor (1900x1200)
(QUAD SLI Enabled)

So my problem is that this machine is not running how its supposed to. With two graphics cards in, it scored 6600 on 3dMark06. With 4 graphics cards in, it scored 6800. Some of the other forums, people were scoring in the 11,000 with almos the same setup. I realize that I have a really big resiolution but when I run 3dMark06 its only at 1280x1024. If anyone could give me any advice on how to utilize everything to its fullest extenct that would be great!
P.S. I already got the driver updates for the quad sli 64 bit edition.

AMD Athlon FX-57 2.8ghz Water Cooled
4gb OCZ RAM
150gb Western Digital HD 10,000 rpm
2Geforce 7950 GX2
Creative X-Fi 7.1 surround sound

Advertisements

Dan1887

Dan1887

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
what mobo is in the comp

Dark Blade

Dark Blade

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
The Mobo is an Asus A8N32 SLI Deluxe

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
That could be the problem its a fairly buggy board in fact all the AMD Asus boards are pretty naff.

Also the 64bit OS might not be helping 64bit drivers arent as well developed or supported as the 32bit ones, XP 64 was as much of a test for MS as an actual product.

To be honest this is the first quad SLI thats been on here we dont usually recommend them. but we can see what we can do, are those the original cards or a replacement.

Dark Blade

Dark Blade

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Those are the original cards in there. I realize that the 64bit is still very new technology, the only reason why I got 64bit was so that I could fully allocate 4gigs of ram. Even though it only registers 2 gigs of ram, 2 gigs of it is take up by the graphics cards. I'm not quite sure why it doesn't run like its supposed to but it could very well be the motherboard. Anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks.

Edited by Dark Blade, 22 October 2006 - 07:43 PM.

Dan1887

Dan1887

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
That is why i asked you about the mother board as most times a problem like that is with the motherboard and in this case i agree with warriorscot it is probably a very good chance it is somehting to do with the drivers, I personally have been having problems with my xp pro 64 bit drivers for my new mobo

Edited by Dan1887, 23 October 2006 - 01:43 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
2gigs are on the cards themselves the system ram is independent the video cards shouldnt be taking any of that for itself.

Dark Blade

Dark Blade

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
so would you guys suggest me getting a new motherboard or checking to see if this one is defective?