Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

what is the best browser

• Please log in to reply

THUNDER BOLT

THUNDER BOLT

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
can u suggest me a good browser.i have a dial up connection.so i fast browser with a good user interface

Advertisements

hary

hary

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
I am on dial up and use Firefox, it leaves IE6 standing and probably IE7 as well.

Download HERE

This is the forum, where there is a lot of help..

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
At the moment Opera is the best in terms of speed and features, after that its IE7 then firefox then close behind IE6.

THUNDER BOLT

THUNDER BOLT

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
where should i download opera from! can i get the full version of it to download from net!

hary

hary

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
The latest version 9.0.2 is Here

I downloaded 9.0.1 yesterday as this has been shown in a benchmark test of all browsers to

be the fastest overall, and first impressions are that it is as fast as Firefox with tabbed

browsing, but I don't know about making it my default..

Edited by hary, 24 October 2006 - 07:53 AM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
The one thing about opera is the default appearance and set-up isn't everyone's cup of tea however put in 5 or 10 minutes(the time you spent getting FF extensions) you can get it looking however you like(like FF IE or just like opera) and behaving how you like it has a huge amount of settings you can use and tweak in the options menu and plenty of good themes as well.

venmalathy

venmalathy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Google Chrome is best Browser....I am using the Google Chrome Browser...It's Good.. Chrome is designed to be fast in every possible way: It's quick to start up from your desktop, loads web pages in a snap, and runs complex web applications fast. It's very fast even if i open many tabs also it will not get slow,

Edited by rshaffer61, 17 September 2011 - 03:49 AM.
Removed questionable link according to WOT

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
What you have asked is a open ended question in the tech community.
Each person will give you a different answer based on their experiences. I personally prefer FireFox against all others but that doesn't mean it is the best.
The best according to your needs and standards may not be the best for someone else say with a broadband connection.
With dialup you are limited to a 56k connection at best where DSL and Cable are always going to be over a meg. Pictures will always download slower along with files which in all honesty is not the browsers fault but the speed of your connection.
The nice thing is you can download and install every browser that has been mentioned and in essence start all of them at the same time or two at a time and surf the net with both side by side to see which one you like better. Do some comparison testing and look at the add ons and support given for each browser. Look at how often the browser itself updates to keep up with new technology and customers requested features.