Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

recommend pc tools

• Please log in to reply

donchen84

donchen84

• Pip
  • 1 posts
is there an antivirus tool that does everything to keep your computer fast,clean and safe?
which is the recommended anti-spyware tool, anti-virus tool and firewall

Advertisements

System101

System101

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
In my experiance with anti virus programs, there is no such thing as the quick fix ultimate best program. Mainly because malicious programmers always come up with ways to get around anti virus tools, but some of the better ones I've seen and used are, AntiVir (anti Virus), AVG(Anti Virus), Norton Personal Firewall, Spybot S&D(anti Spy), and AdAware SE(anti Spy) Zone Alarm is a good firewall too.

AdAware and AntiVir are very good, Spybot isn't too bad but it can be a bit of a pain at times. Norton Personal Firewall is pretty good, but Im still looking for a better one, Zone Alarm is really good too.

Programs I'm looking at are Microsoft's Windows Defender beta and ParetoLogic's Xoftspy (this program is not for beginners or novices).

But really one way to help is to be carefull on where you surf and what you download or install.

Hope this helps alittle.

Edited by System101, 22 October 2006 - 09:03 AM.