Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MS Works out of memory error

• Please log in to reply

skselders

skselders

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I'm not sure if I am posting this in the right place, but here goes:

I am using MS Works, 4.5 version, because I love the way the database works and I don't want to change it. However, I recently bought an HP printer, laser 1360. As soon as I start a mail merge, MS Works gives me an out of memory error until I finally have to shut it down. If I plug in an old laser printer, the merge works fine; however, since the printer itself doesn't work anymore, I can't actually print out of it. It seems that when Works "sees" the old printer, it's fine; when it "sees" the new printer, it simply won't work. What to do? someone else with this problem told me they downloaded an older printer driver (they were using a different HP printer) and that solved the problem. however, I can't find an older driver for the HP1360 B&W printer. Is there some sort of generic driver that I can use?

thank you.

Advertisements

System101

System101

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
http://h10025.www1.h...st_page=product

This was the only trustable link I could find for drivers for your printer.

finding an aftermarket driver is not recommended.

skselders

skselders

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thank you, I'll give it a try, I appreciate your help.

System101

System101

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
Your welcome.