Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

help please...

• Please log in to reply

hesper

hesper

• Pip
  • 4 posts
anyone i need your help... im experiencing the ff problems

missing run command in start menu. even if i try pressing windows hotkey+r it would only say "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." - my user profile is of admin settings. already tried logging in other admin profiles but it still does the same error. also tried looking at the settings in gpedit to enable and disable the run command. still nothing.

i can't find my folder options. i can't see it in control panel as well as under d tools menu

all my microsoft word documents are busted. i can't open them. a popup box appears saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the approriate permissions to access the item." then avg alerts me of a virus being detected. the virus is identified as Worm/VB.ACV . plus one thing i noticed is that the word doc's extension isn't .doc but .scr. if i try renaming the file from .scr to .doc, it would only return an error saying i don't have access/permission to do so.

can anyone please help? the word docs are very important... all ms word docs are affected... hope u guys could offer a lot of remedies... tnx

Advertisements

System101

System101

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
Repost this in the malware forum.

If you do have a virus there are people there that can help.

hesper

hesper

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
ok... new post in here... http://www.geekstogo...howtopic=135397

System101

System101

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
I did a search for the detection your Av program came up with.

...theres not much info.

Edited by System101, 22 October 2006 - 10:21 AM.

hesper

hesper

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
yea... thats y am having such a hard time to find a cure for this >_<