Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

help with windows xp

• Please log in to reply

mattntam

mattntam

• Pip
  • 5 posts
my sister in law is having a problem with restoring. she was able to get into the desk top page but their were no files or folders. she said she had tried using safe mode but that had an error of oxc015002. is their any thing you would do.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Do you get task manager if you press the ctrl + alt + delete keys together, if so, click file then new task, type explorer.exe then click OK

mattntam

mattntam

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
i called her back and she said that cntrl alt delete will not work. she also said that she tried to reinstall windows and said that it will not work. she keeps getting an error that flashes rapidly saying something about virtual memory.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
same idea another way

runbox command
- press keyboard buttons: winkey + r
- paste this in slot: %systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe
- press: enter

mattntam

mattntam

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
what does winkey+r do i dont understand what thaT does.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Opens the run box (press and hold the start button, press r key)

Click start then run

mattntam

mattntam

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
now how am i able to save the memory from this computer when it is not able to boot, is their some thing i have to do with the mother board

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You could press the power button, keep tapping the delete key until it enters set up, look for BIOS defaults, load those, press F10 to save, type Y to confirm, press enter