Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

stuck in a windows xp loop please somebody help

• Please log in to reply

fx-library

fx-library

• Pip
  • 4 posts
my pc started going to blue screen a lot a couple of days ago ... (no new softeware or hardware has been installed) and a friend said try reinstalling windows XP sp2 ..... so i said ok i might as well upgrade from home edition to pro edition while i re install .... now it keeps going to blue screen and saying

A problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer

An attempt was made to execute Non-Executable memory

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed
If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any new updates you might need

If problems continue disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software, Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.

Technical Information

STOP: 0x00000FC (0XBACFFB80,0X0B59C963,0XBACFFAE8,0X0000001)

Begining dump of physical memory

And everytime i reboot it starts the windows installation again gets to the same point installing devices and crashes again ... i am stuck in this loop can anybody help

I am not computer stupid ... but not in anyway an expert

Please thank you paul

Advertisements

i686

i686

• Pip
  • 3 posts
A search of the MS Knowledge based returned nothing about that error.

The cause could be one of the following.
- Faulty memory, test with memtest86
- Faulty hdd, test with a testing tool from the manufacturer
- Flakey Windows install, you are updating XP so this option could be pretty much ruled out.

You can find the necessary tools on the Ultimate Boot CD

If the RAM and HDD tests come back fine then you may need to start swapping out other hardware.

i686

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
GIVE THIS A TRY

This problem occurs if all the following conditions are true:• The system includes a legacy hardware DVD decoder that requires the Mpegport.sys driver.
• You installed the 32-bit version of Windows XP SP2 on a computer that supports hardware-enforced data execution prevention (DEP).
When you restart your computer, the Mpegport.sys driver tries to run from a memory location that is monitored by DEP. You receive a Stop error that is similar to the following:
0x000000FC (ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY)

Your computer may restart immediately if it is configured to automatically restart when a system failure occurs.

WORKAROUND
To work around this problem, disable the Mpegport.sys driver in Device Manager by using Safe Mode. To do this, follow these steps:1. Restart your computer.
2. Press the F8 key. On a computer that is configured to start multiple operating systems, press F8 when the Startup menu appears.
3. Use the arrow keys to select a Safe Mode option, and then press ENTER.
4. Click Start, click Run, type devmgmt.msc, and then click OK.
5. In the View menu, click Show hidden devices.
6. Expand Non-Plug and Play Drivers.
7. Right-click the Mpegport.sys driver, and then click Properties.
8. On the Driver tab, change the Startup Type to Disabled, and then click OK.
9. Restart your computer.
If you require the Mpegport.sys driver, you can also turn off DEP. To turn off DEP, follow these steps: 1. Restart your computer.
2. Press the F8 key. On a computer that is configured to start multiple operating systems, press F8 when the Startup menu appears.
3. Use the arrow keys to select a Safe Mode option, and then press ENTER.
4. Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
5. At the command prompt, type the following, and then press ENTER:
bootcfg /raw “/noexecute=alwaysoff /fastdetect” /id 1
If you have multiple start entries or start options, you may have to manually modify the Boot.ini file for your computer. To disable DEP by modifying the Boot.ini file, change the /noexecute policy level to alwaysoff.

Edited by rushin1nd, 23 October 2006 - 07:19 AM.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
Begining dump of physical memory

you have to let that take place before you try other options

you have to be consistent because i dont know how frequent your blue screens are

Edited by rushin1nd, 23 October 2006 - 08:07 AM.

fx-library

fx-library

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I have been letting the dump of physical memory .... finish ....then reboot and the loop continues .... before i tried upgrading .. the blue screens varied .... but about 5-6 times a day in the last week .... and i have not put any new hardware on the system in the last week .... hardware new is philips webcam ... and a new internet provider .... thats about it .... just want it working ... even if i have to re install ... if the computer lets me out of the loop or lets me get to a command to re install everything even tried the ultimate boot cd and it went straight from cd to hard drive to reinstall continue .... i also tried turning off hard drive boot and let it go to the ultimate cd on cd but it said insert system disk ..... thank you again for your time

Edited by fx-library, 23 October 2006 - 08:39 AM.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
well this could just a shot in the dark but sounds pretty desparete

you shouldnt have used burned xp cd
====================================================
UNPLUG YOUR COMPUTER

HOLD POWER BUTTON 30 SECONDS

REMOVE SIDE PANEL

DO YOU HAVE 2 RAMS (MEMORY STICKS)

IF YOU DO YOU HAVE PHYSICALLY REMOVE THEM

SWITCH THEM AROUND THE ONE IN THE FRONT TO THE BACK

AFTER YOUR DONE THIS PLUG IT BACK IN

UNPLUG EVERYTHING BUT YOUR KEYBOARD AND MOUSE

TRY POWERING UP >>>>>>>>>>>>>MIGHT WORK MIGHT NOT

fx-library

fx-library

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
just tried that got 4 strips of memory in there changed 2 around and same deal ... doing physical dump now

thahnx though

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
did you try removing the hard drive and put in another computer to see if it will boot up in another one

fx-library

fx-library

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
thank you for all your help ..... I have called in some extortionate expert who is going to take my hard drive out test it in his pc and if need to reinstall windows on his pc ..... .... but thank you your time and effort though much appreaciated but would rather somebody who knew what he was doing play around with the inside of the pc ... because with my clumsy fingers could do more damage than good ... but thank you again

Paul

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
im glad to hear your going get a technician to look at it

hard drives are not very expensive should you have to buy a new one

but its a shame we lose unsaved valuable information

take care