Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A stupid Question

• Please log in to reply

rock42

rock42

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
HOLA! I'm new to posting on your forums but yall have helped me alot with some of the crap I got on my PC about 3weeks ago =) I had PestTrap on my system and yall Pwned it 4 me thx =) Any way when I was doing this I downloaded Zonelabs Firewall, Spywareblaster, Avast, AVG and somthing called HOST that i deleted. Well now for some odd reason I cant see any adds on any sight. I know what your thinking "What the [bleep] are you complaing about". Well I go to IGN alot and about 1/2 of there sight is an add =P So Im almost 100% sure this HOST thing I DLed did it but i thought i deleted it. I think that HOST was supose to block a bunch of sights but i thought that cause i deleted it that it would stop sooo.... in short

How do i delete the host anti-add thingy=)

sry 4 being a noob and 4 spelling 4 with a 4 :whistling:

Advertisements

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
hi there,

If you kept a copy of the original Hosts file it was probably renamed to something like "Hosts.old" and the new one will just be "Hosts". go to c:\windows\system32\drivers\ect. rename th Hosts to Hosts.old1 then rename the original Hosts to "Hosts" with no extention. this should turn of the add blocking from that source.

rock42

rock42

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
DOOD! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH THAT WAS THE FASTEST SOLUTION EVER! I LOVE YOU! and i mean that. Like if i was gay, your age, lived by you and suff i would go out with you... I tend to say stupid things alot but thx agian man =)