Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

*Winfixer*? Popups and adds HiJackThis log

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Cashewman

Cashewman

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My mother's computer is infected bad, She's not too good at computers, and my younger brother messes around on it as well. It is what you would call a "family computer". I use my own computer and i do not have many problems because I am very cafeful with mine. But anywasy my mom asked me to see if i could fix this malware/spyware/virus she has, I'm Fairly good with computers, but not so good with removing this type of infection. It seems to be a "Win Fixer Pro". It may go past This but i do not know how far. She is getting the little fake Windows security alert on her windows toolbar. I could really use some help, because this computer cannot be formatted without buying a new version of windows (was a retail computer). I've installed many anti-spyware malware programs that i know to work very well from past experience (Spybot search and destroy, Ewido anti-malware, adaware and others) but none have seemed to make any real effect. I've scanned the registry and looked for anything suspicious, but to no avail. Any help would be much appreciated.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 9:07:27 PM, on 10/22/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Antivirus Platinum\Firewall\PavFires.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Antivirus Platinum\pavsrv51.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Antivirus Platinum\AVENGINE.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\MSTARW~1\Service.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Antivirus Platinum\APVXDWIN.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System\SMSS.EXE
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\LEXMAR~1\ACMonitor_X83.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\LEXMAR~1\AcBtnMgr_X83.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\printray.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Antivirus Platinum\pavProxy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE
C:\Documents and Settings\Paul\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
O3 - Toolbar: &VSToolBar - {821F87FF-8245-4972-9E28-732E92EC2F51} - C:\Program Files\VSToolbar\VSToolBar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SCANINICIO] "C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Antivirus Platinum\Inicio.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [APVXDWIN] "C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Antivirus Platinum\APVXDWIN.EXE" /s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [smss] C:\WINDOWS\System\SMSS.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Photo Downloader] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Lexmark X83 Button Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\LEXMAR~1\ACMonitor_X83.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Lexmark X83 Button Manager] C:\PROGRA~1\LEXMAR~1\AcBtnMgr_X83.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PrinTray] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\printray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: UserFinder.lnk = C:\Program Files\MSTAR Web Sentinel\UserFinder.exe
O10 - Broken Internet access because of LSP provider 'lslsp.dll' missing
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://locator.cdn.imageservr.com
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.micros...b?1136941990531
O16 - DPF: {DF780F87-FF2B-4DF8-92D0-73DB16A1543A} (PopCapLoader Object) - http://www.popcap.co...aploader_v6.cab
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Panda Firewall Service (PAVFIRES) - Panda Software - C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Antivirus Platinum\Firewall\PavFires.exe
O23 - Service: Panda anti-virus service (PAVSRV) - Panda Software - C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Antivirus Platinum\pavsrv51.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
O23 - Service: Web Filter Service - LogiSense Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\MSTARW~1\Service.exe

Advertisements

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
Hi Cashewman and welcome to the Geeks to Go Forums.

My name is Trevuren and I will be helping you with your log.

Some trojans have a way of masking their presence from the HijackThis program when they recognize the name. I think that this is the case here because there are no 02 or 020 entries visible in your log.

Please locate the following file on your desktop: HijackThis.exe
Next, right click on the file and from the popup menu that appears, chose the RENAME option and rename the file Killer.exe.

From now on, when I ask you to start HijackThis, just click on the Killer.exe file.

Once renamed, please click on Killer.exe, scan, and post the resulting log.

Regards,

Trevuren

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.