Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

lexmark Z510 printer

• Please log in to reply

whyalwaysme

whyalwaysme

• Pip
  • 2 posts
[font=Times New Roman][i][color=#FF0000]I am running XP sp2. l recentally had to format my pc, now trying to reinstall my Lexmark printer. I am getting numerous errors and problems doing so. Installing the driver is a no go. I have tried every which way, from the disc to a downloaded version to using and not using plug and play. the installation only goes so far then it stops.And if by chance it does go the full install, it comes up as "printer monitor unknown" and deletes the driver. Went to the lexmark site for the troubleshooting, directed me to using the Z515 driver for one, tried and no. then directed me to the microsoft site with a solution but that again was a bust. I am stumped on this one and really do need some help.

Advertisements

System101

System101

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
Its possible that the installation of the OS had an error some where, this happend to a classmate of mine and they had to reinstall the OS.

But before we get to that, can you elaborate as to what the error messages were? Meaning what they said, along with any type of codes or anything of the like?

whyalwaysme

whyalwaysme

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
[font=Times New Roman][i][color=#FF0000]The first error was after windows detecting new hardware, started to download and copy the files, then came to an error "can not complete installation" and closed everything. Went then to add a printer... copied the files for the driver then got an error " unknown printer monitor" and closed everything. I don't even have a folder for my printer in my C: drive for it.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
very often with devices, it is better to install the driver first and then the device so disconnect device,
- uninstall program in add/remove programs(if there)
- uninstall driver if showing in device management(if traces are there)
- introduce cd and install device
- introduce device when either prompted or after the installation
- have the device switch on when connecting it

Edited by fleamailman, 23 October 2006 - 04:09 AM.