Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

ethernet Help

• Please log in to reply

Marc.F

Marc.F

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have just Bought a Netgear wireless ADSL modem router. I run the Netgear Setup wizard, i follow all instructions correctly but when the wizard tries to reset the router it comes up with

Connection to Router Unavalible because Ethernet cable unplugged at either the router or PC

- The ethernet cable is plugged in securely.

Please Help, and Is this because my ethernet port is not Configured Correctly - if it is how do i go about Doing this?.

Thanks

Marc.

Edited by Marc.F, 23 October 2006 - 09:51 AM.

Advertisements

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
What do you mean by your ethernet port being switched off?

Marc.F

Marc.F

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

What do you mean by your ethernet port being switched off?

I mean is this because my ethernet port is swithced off, Sorry. [ Original Post Edited], thanks jaxisland

Edited by Marc.F, 23 October 2006 - 09:51 AM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
when you configured the router...did you change any of IT"S ip addresses? if so...once the router resets...and you get the message you're getting...try pressing start > then run > then type "cmd" then type "ipconfig /release" then "ipconfig /renew" (without the quotes on all of those) then try to get to the router again

Marc.F

Marc.F

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

when you configured the router...did you change any of IT"S ip addresses? if so...once the router resets...and you get the message you're getting...try pressing start > then run > then type "cmd" then type "ipconfig /release" then "ipconfig /renew" (without the quotes on all of those) then try to get to the router again

Didnt Work :whistling:, here is what the error message says ,

During the network activation process the Wizard was not able to detect the router.

You must make sure that the router is plugged in and powered up.

If you have more than one network card in your computer you MUST remove or disable the device that is not connected to the router.

The yellow Ethernet cable must be completely inserted into the ports on both the computer and the router.

Do you mabey think that my Ethernet Port isnt working? :blink:

Thanks.

Marc