Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Act! 6.0 Application Has Encountered an Error and Needs to Close

• Please log in to reply

scorpius1119

scorpius1119

• Pip
  • 1 posts
[font=Times New Roman] Hi. I hope somebody can help me. I am currently running Act! 6.0 and have been for the last few years. Recently, (within a week and a half or so) I installed Internet Explorer Version 7.0, Service Pack 2. For awhile, Act! worked fine with it (for a week or so). Now, every time I try running Act!, I get an error message saying "ACT! 6.0 Application has encountered an error and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I am also given an option to send an error report or not to send one. I've already sent the error report multiple times.

So I've tried reverting to Internet Explorer 6.0 for Service Pack 2. I've tried System Restore. I've tried reverting to IE 6.0 SP2 AND doing a system restore after that. In all cases, Act still gives the same error message, and no matter what date I select for the System Restore, I'm told that "Your system could not be restored to xyz date."

Does anybody have any recommendations so I can save a few bucks on tech support?

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
sounds like a file or dll version issue. I would suggest performing an xp repair. You will need an xp cd and a valid key.

instructions here: http://www.geekstogo...ws_XP-t138.html

you will need to patch/update your system as soon as its done.