Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can Anyone help me get rid of my viruses

• Please log in to reply

nextelhelp

nextelhelp

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello to anyone who can help me out. Last night I was on my msn massanger when someone added me to there massanger and I accept the add request. After I accepted them they said heyy how are you what have you been up to and other comments and I thought it was just a friend so I stated to talk to them. But then a massage saying ''Hey is this a pic of you'' and a link under the comment and I read the link and it said something photo pix so I clicked it and it shut down my massanger and I had tons and tons of scanning massanges and warnings and viruses warnings. I use Norton 2006 and im always updating it and I also use spysweeper. It took me awhile to get rid of all the massages but the Norton kept saying Norton has detected a virus and deleted them and some would say Norton detected a Virus but couldn't gain access to file. I scanned with Norton and spysweeper and I deleted them all but when I restart my laptop the same viruses came up again and again The Virus names are ''Trojan-Backdoor-rustock, Trojan-backdoor-msdcom32, Trojan-Backdoor-us15info and Trojan-Backdoor-satellite and im sure there is more hidden but the main one that keeps comming up is the ''Trojan-Backdoor-rustock. I have scanned and deleted the viruses and spywear and deleted some folders that look weird to me I have important document on my computer for school like long pages and I dont wanna loose them I just want the Unwanted viruses out. I am so Upset that I click the link thinking it was just one of my friends showing me a pic of a person that looked like me but it turned out to not be that way..If anyone could take the time with detailed instructions for me to follow that would be great great help and I will reccomend the site to everyone if u can help me out...PLEASE POST Thank you

Advertisements

Flrman1

Flrman1

Malware Assassin

• Retired Staff
  • 6,596 posts
Hi nextelhelp

Welcome to GTG! :whistling:

Please do this:

* Click here to download HJTsetup.exe
  • Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.
  • Doubleclick on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
  • Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Addition Tasks dialogue.
  • Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
  • Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
  • At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
  • Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
  • Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
  • Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
  • DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.
* Also open Hijack This and click on the "Open the Misc Tools section" button. Click on the "Open Uninstall Manager" button. Click the "Save List" button. Copy and paste that list here.