Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

YOUTUBE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

bazza

bazza

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
COULD SOMEBODY PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW I CAN BURN YOUTUBE CLIPS TO CD. I HAVE FIREFOX AND USING NERO. THANKS.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
this question has been asked before...and i'm pretty sure that the answer is "you can't" most of the content (actually all of it) on youtube is owned by someone else (probably youtube)...and they won't let you save it to your pc because of copyright issues...if YOU WERE allowed to do this...then there would be a link like "download this clip!"...since there are no links or buttons to that effect on youtube....it's pretty much a no-go

also...please don't type in all caps...it's concidered yelling and it's rude

bazza

bazza

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
Thanks. Don't mean to be rude. I write in CAPS all the time, not just on computer

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
when i hand write...it's a mixture of caps/lowercase and cursive/print... VERY hard to read...even for me....but...i've forgotten how to write some letters in cursive...and i've forgotten what some letters look like in print....it's pretty ugly

System101

System101

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

when i hand write...it's a mixture of caps/lowercase and cursive/print... VERY hard to read...even for me....but...i've forgotten how to write some letters in cursive...and i've forgotten what some letters look like in print....it's pretty ugly

^^
interesting

Now as far as who owns the content on YouTube...

If I remember right they just got sued or are being sue because of some number of clips they had that were not theirs and had infracted on some ones copyright.

But burning content off the internet, especially music, movies, and other copyrighten material is illegal in most parts of the world and is not recommended.

Oh and not to forget, all material on the internet is copyright material anyways by the person or entity that created or owns the website, however, there are also certain factors one must remember... if you take material from one sight and put it on yours, it is not automaticlly your copyright. You must credit the site or link to the site where you got the quote, news artical, music, clips, video, ect...

The term for this is called Plagerism (i think I spelt that right)

bazza

bazza

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
Thanks also. By the way you were pretty close...correct spelling is "plagiarism..publishing borrowed or copied material as original." More commonly used for literary work.

PearlJamNoCode

PearlJamNoCode

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Edit: now...it was mentioned that taking video from youtube was pretty much across the board illegal.....why would you come back here and post steps to steal the content?

Edited by dsenette, 24 October 2006 - 02:40 PM.

trodas

trodas

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Because we like to see that trick too? :blink:

And because ppls usualy don't give a [bleep] - they just want this or that be done and don't care about copystuff.

Yet the quality of the video is too low, so I dubt anyone seriously would want to save that... :whistling:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
trodos....whether people care if their copyright is infringed uppon or not doesn't make it any less illegal...since i can see where this thread will probably go...it's now closed...if you have a problem with that pm an admin or another moderator