Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with outlook express

• Please log in to reply

StalkerJay

StalkerJay

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Hi all at geekstogo.com the only place i clean my PC's!! As i have mentioned in previouse posts i work in radio and am the designated "the-computer-is too-slow-fix-it-guy" Lucky me.
Well the problem i am having is in the last month or two we have been getting an influx of 'mail delivery falilure' emails in varring forms and other odd emails we had not been getting before. I guess my question is there and addon for outlook that would allow me to block these? Or is it maybe cookie related? I have run the following Ad-aware-se AVG Anti-Spyware (ewido) and my two favoriets ccleaner and Cleanup! 4.0.

Thanks ahead of time for all your help

Stalker Jay

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
with outlook express you can create a block senders list or message rules

open outlook and click on tools scroll down to messages rules then click on block senders list

look under each tab and decide what you want

StalkerJay

StalkerJay

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
There are others computers on our network that are having the same problem so i am running the software i listed origionaly on them and there are some errors/bad things being found so hopfully that will help.

Thanks

Jay

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
have you tried your internet security and see what option it has for junk mail or spam

they usually can filter out junk mail and spam put it in a different folder all together

StalkerJay

StalkerJay

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Thanks for the idea but unfortunitaly being a News radio station and a request music station we need to be able to get emiles from MANY news and political contacts and individuals requesting music. I have noticed a bit of improvement with the actions i have taken.
would any other computers that access the internet/intranet make a difference in reciving spam even if they don't acess email? say our sales or sports departments who have email, or the intern computer (which is really just a web surfing pc).

Jay

Edited by StalkerJay, 24 October 2006 - 12:28 PM.

StalkerJay

StalkerJay

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
I was wondering if anyone has tried any hardware for the problem i am having? We have a commericial for a Barracuda unit that is soppose to be good, here is there site anyone heard/used one?

http://www.barracudanetworks.com

Thanks

Jay