Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Backup Software for Dynamic Drives

• Please log in to reply

MojoLaw3

MojoLaw3

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have Acronis True Image v9 that I was using to make backups of my hard drive just in case... Well, that is until my brother decided that I needed to convert my hard drive to a dynamic drive, and of course Acronis now tells me that it doesn't support dynamic drives!

Does anyone know of a way to convert my drive back to basic (without losing the data), so I can continue using Acronis? Or is there a similar program to Acronis that does a good job of backups that support dynamic drives?

Any help is greatly appreciated... Thanks!

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
According to Symantec, their 'Norton Ghost' product supports dynamic drives. See this page: http://www.symantec....mp;pvid=ghost10

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Norton Ghost will do it, if you clone it to another drive, and this also converts it back into a basic drive as well.