Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Changing/Hiding My IP address

• Please log in to reply

Harry1282

Harry1282

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I want to hide my IP address. When I use websites, it uses my AOL IP. I want to use a "unknown" IP that won't say what internet I use, ect. I use AOL dial up. :whistling: Please help! :blink: (And Quickley if you can! :help:

Edited by Harry1282, 23 October 2006 - 04:53 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Not possible. Everybody has an IP address when they connect to the internet. No website on the planet is able to identify anybody personally by an IP address - the owners of the site can only do that by going through the courts, and even then they have to have good reason for identifying the person.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
If you use AOL dial up, your IP addy changes each time you log on. When an AOL user visits one of my sites, I see "Reston Virginia" as the location. Short of using a proxy service, you are about as "anonymous" as you can be on the internet already.
Johanna
https://proxify.com/

Optikal

Optikal

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Using helpful tools that let you edit the in and outgoing headers can be a bonus for a lil more secure surfing (google Proximodo). Your browser tells websites more info about a person than their IP :whistling:

officialblueboys

officialblueboys

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
Use HideIP . It will hide ur ip address
www.v7soft.net
or see this
http://www.softsland...IP_Address.html

You can also use proxies