Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD copy/write software tips

• Please log in to reply

hempinBeeRad

hempinBeeRad

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
Hey Hey,

I'm going abroad for 6 months to England and don't really want to take my entire dvd collection for fear of losing any of them or having them stolen. any recommendations for software that will make a perfect clone of my dvds (menus, features, etc.) without splitting it into multiple discs? I have a dvd writer so that's a start. also, free software is good, but if i must spend money to get good quality, i'm willing to spend up to $35-40.

Thanks!

Brad

Edited by hempinBeeRad, 23 October 2006 - 05:27 PM.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

Hey Hey,

I'm going abroad for 6 months to England and don't really want to take my entire dvd collection for fear of losing any of them or having them stolen. any recommendations for software that will make a perfect clone of my dvds (menus, features, etc.) without splitting it into multiple discs? I have a dvd writer so that's a start. also, free software is good, but if i must spend money to get good quality, i'm willing to spend up to $35-40.

Thanks!

Brad

I use DVD shrink to backup all my movies, it's pretty good. Visit http://www.dvdshrink.org/what.html and also visit http://www.cdburnerxp.se/ for a free cd/dvd burning solution. Someone else may be able recommend a program for purchase, but these programs do it for me...

Saracen

Saracen

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
I would check on the legal side of things before purchasing software otherwise you may be wasting money. Most disc copying software manufacturers will not let you copy original protected DVD's to prevent any infringement of the copyright laws. There are however a couple of good programs for copying non protected/copyright material (such as your own stuff from digicam). One good candidate is Nero 7 - Nero should match your needs for this task and many more (Priced at 79.99 USD - around 105.50 AUD)