Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Deleted desltop icons returning

• Please log in to reply

perky10

perky10

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Last night I downloaded quite a few Andrews filters for psp from Megaupload. I didn't want them so I deleted them into the recycle bin(or so I thought) I restarted my computer and lo and behold , there they were back on my desktop again! I then put all those into a folder and deleted it that way--same thing happened on restart. Dell computer tried to delete them --same thing happened. They don't know what else to do . do you? This is unreal! I have run virus and spyware scans and checked my registry --nothing.
What now?

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

try using this its very good right click on icon and select unlocker use drop menu and delete

click ok

perky10

perky10

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
thanx , I'll let u know if it works

perky10

perky10

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
didn't work:(

Kniht

Kniht

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
This may help.

Download Dial-a-Fix Repair Permissions here: http://wiki.djlizard...air_Permissions

Run the Repair_Permissions. After running, delete the icons, and see if they return upon reboot.

Be sure to read the web page the link takes you to understand how to use the program.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
In my signature there is a link to codestuff starter download this
and lets have a look at the startup items
If you see your files that are running then highlight and disable
Restart

perky10

perky10

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

This may help.

Download Dial-a-Fix Repair Permissions here: http://wiki.djlizard...air_Permissions

Run the Repair_Permissions. After running, delete the icons, and see if they return upon reboot.

Be sure to read the web page the link takes you to understand how to use the program.

This worked. Thanx so much for the help and the help of everyone that gave me possible solutions. I really appreciate that.

Kniht

Kniht

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
perky10

Glad Dial-a-Fix worked for you. Had a similar problem a while back. Used CCleaner to eliminate registry entries left over from uninstalled programs. Upon opening CCleaner again after deleting entries, I noticed the entries I deleted would return. Dial-a-Fix took care of this problem and deleted registry entries did not return.

For some reason registry permissions get all out of whack. Dial-a-Fix's Repair Permissions puts everything back to what it should be.

perky10

perky10

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanx so much. I had never heard of this program, but rest assured, if this ever happens again, I will know what to do.