Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Snap shots of screen ?

• Please log in to reply

duley3

duley3

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
I see some of you people around the forum are getting to post snaps shots of your screen (error and messages). I have looked for some software that would allow me to do this. But, with out any luck I couldn't find it.

Does anyone know what it is called or a good one to use?

Advertisements

Justin

Justin

I do a little bit of everything

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
You shouldnt need a program, you can just use the "Print Screen" function

From Wikipedia

In Microsoft Windows a screenshot of the entire monitor, complete with taskbar, can be copied to the system clipboard by pressing the Print screen key. Alternatively, pressing Alt + Print screen will copy just the active window to the clipboard. One can then paste the clipboard into a program such as MS Paint or Paint.NET to save it as an image file (for posting online, for instance), or paste it directly into a document. If saving as an image file, it is best to use a format which uses lossless compression (e.g. PNG) (or no compression, e.g. BMP). Use a format which supports 24-bit color if the screenshot contains many colors.

duley3

duley3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
Okay I see, I will play around and see If I can do it. Thanks, there has been many times I wanted to post here what I was looking at instead of tiring to explane it.

Justin

Justin

I do a little bit of everything

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
No problem! Let me know if you run into any issues.

A little tip...if you press Print Screen, you will need to paste it into something (Microsfot Paint works great)

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
There are many applications available to do what you want. I like WinSnap...very easy to use and very nice results.

harrythook

harrythook

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,618 posts
Isn't there a size consideration if posting it in here, file size that is.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
My favorite is Gadwin.
http://www.gadwin.com/printscreen/
Johanna

duley3

duley3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

A little tip...if you press Print Screen, you will need to paste it into something (Microsfot Paint works great)

I figured that out... Finally!!! It took me a little bit to find out what to do after hitting the print screen button. But I did it and it works. Thanks

I like WinSnap...very easy to use and very nice results.

Thanks, I'll try this one to.

My favorite is Gadwin.
http://www.gadwin.com/printscreen/
Johanna

Then I'll try your Favorite.

Thank you very much everyone I'm sure I'll find one that I like. This will make my life easier.

Please forgive me for my spelling. :whistling: