Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Disconnection and Reconnection

• Please log in to reply

GangstaGeek

GangstaGeek

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ive had an issue with my computer disconnecting and reconnecting to the internet every 15 minutes or so....i didnt notice it until my IM services started doing it.....it cant be the router, because its happened on a direct connection, on 3 different broadband modems, and on a college LAN system......someone have any solutions?

Advertisements

StudentBusiness12

StudentBusiness12

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
Perhaps you have a huge build up of spyware? It's unlikely that this is your problem but it used to happen to me. Try running adaware.

Edited by StudentBusiness12, 26 October 2006 - 12:02 PM.

Phate

Phate

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Ive had an issue with my computer disconnecting and reconnecting to the internet every 15 minutes or so....i didnt notice it until my IM services started doing it.....it cant be the router, because its happened on a direct connection, on 3 different broadband modems, and on a college LAN system......someone have any solutions?

I'm having a very similar problem. I'm on a college connection and it disconnects and recconnects in rapid succession. Like when I'm using Ventrillo people will be talking, then it will cut off what they're saying, and a few moments later it will finish what they were saying. Or when veiwing YouTube clips it will download a small chunk of data then stop for ~10 seconds and then it will start again. All of my internet related programs are acting in a similar fashion ( world of warcraft, halo, ect.) I've tried changing the cables scanning for viruses and adware but none of it has affected my connection.

So yeah did you ever find a solution? Does anyone else know how to fix this problem?

Note: Initially when I moved to the college campus connection this was not an issue it is a recent development that I've had the last several days.

GangstaGeek

GangstaGeek

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
no, i am still having the issue.....none of the above are helping