Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Issue at startup

• Please log in to reply

JamesN

JamesN

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Whenever I start Windows XP a windows installer window pops up and begins to try installing a program called PhotoGallery, but when the installer finishes it tells me it cannot install to the default location. I tried changing the location that the program saves to but it won't install anywhere. Also, when I press cancel while it is installing the installation just begins again. The only way to end the installtion is to enter task manager and end the program. I cannot find this file anywhere on my computer to delete it. Any suggestions?

Thanks
James

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello JamesN...

Click Start, then Run, type msconfig and click "Ok".

Click the "Startup" tab. Look in the list of programs for anything with references to Phot Gallery in them. Post them here for me if you find any.

wannabe1

JamesN

JamesN

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hi wannabe,

I checked the startup files and there is nothing in there referencing Photo Gallery. It may not be in there because it has never actually completed installation. The only way I could think of to check for sure would be to disable all in the startup section and see if the installer loads when I restart, but I'm worried I may disable something thats required to start the computer if i do that.

James

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
look in ...add/remove programs or

all programs

or start then search

search for ...Photo Gallery

all files and folders

Edited by rushin1nd, 25 October 2006 - 12:22 AM.

Leehaa

Leehaa

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Hello JamesN...

Click Start, then Run, type msconfig and click "Ok".

Click the "Startup" tab. Look in the list of programs for anything with references to Phot Gallery in them. Post them here for me if you find any.

wannabe1

If you install this, it sometimes picks up a few more things. You can use it to disable / enable things too:

http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

Once installed, you can open it from the control panel.

I can see two or three more things in here than I can via the msconfig utility...so may be worth a try???

Cheers,

L