1. my desktop disappeared;
2. MANY error messages regarding the Symantec Anti-virus program keeps popping up;
3. NONE of my desktop or start program links work when I click on it;
4. When I click on a Start Menu program, it asks me if I "want the shortcut to be placed on the desktop instead?";
5. NONE of the quick launch programs work;
6. I had to use Control Panel to get to my dial-up connection;
7. I had to use the Windows Task Manager to open an Internet Explorer.
8. System Restore does not work.
I updated my AdAware, Spybot and Symantec AntiVirus via their respective web pages. I used both ATF and CleanUp! to clean up my computer before I ran AdAware and Spybot... even after... but my Anti-Virus gave me a "Could not start scan. Scan engine returned error 0x20000046" error message, although I was able to update it.
Now, what da heck is happening to my computer... I would love to give you the specs, but unfortunately, I cannot get the "properties" options to open (when I right-click My Computer, or even when I right-click the desktop).
Edited by Lady_Rocker, 25 October 2006 - 06:56 AM.