Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Networking Problems

• Please log in to reply

wwillie

wwillie

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
I'm trying to set up a new network. i've got both computers set up in the same workgroup but both are not showing up on my network. Both can access the internet but don't see each other. I'm using a linksys WRT54G router and a D-link DWL-G122 usb adapter. I've gone through everything I can think of but must be over looking something. Can anybody help? TIA!

Advertisements

Dwight

Dwight

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
Hi, Give this a look and see if it helps you.

Home Networking Turorial

http://www.geekstogo...al-t102740.html

techahben

techahben

• Pip
  • 4 posts
This is almost always the cause of this issue;

Disable your firewall on both the machines.

Since you're able to surf it means that both machines are getting correct ip allocation but both are blocking each other from accessing services on both the computers.

wwillie

wwillie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
i've disabled both firewalls. The computer with the d-link can't find itself in my network places. I get an error message that states the workgroup is not accessible on the d-link computer. What next?