Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Project1

• Please log in to reply

jhoefs

jhoefs

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Project1 shows up in my task manager everytime I run in normal mode. I have tried just about everything to get rid of this. I've run ATF Cleaner, Ad-aware, AVG Anti-Spyware, AVG Antivirus, and before all that McAfee antivirus, that is what I had installed on my computer when I got this virus. I uninstalled it after about a week of trying to get rid of this and installed AVG Antivirus.

When I ran all of these programs to begin with there were alot of things found and removed. I had to do all of this in safe mode because I can't in normal mode. Now l just ran all of these again and nothing was found, but as soon as I restarted in normal mode, project1 was there, and if I try to do anything I soon get a blue screen that says windows has shut down to protect the computer, blah, blah, blah, and then at the bottom of the screen it says it did a physical memory dump. I tried to run Look2Me_Destroyer; it got part way through and then shutdown.

When I looked at the details after I used task manager to close project1, these are the files it gave me:

kybrdff_e34.exe.mdmp and appcompat.txt

When I tried to find these they were not where the path said they were. In fact I could not find kybrdff_34.exe anywhere, but when I went into AVG Anti-Spyware and went to custom scan, this file showed up as being in c:\ , but when I went to expore, it wasn't there. I have all files showing, system and hidden.

I can't get online so I am having to do this on another computer. I have downloaded Hijack This and can put it on a flash drive.

Waiting for help!

Advertisements