Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Trojan or virus?

• Please log in to reply

Burton1

Burton1

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
I hope i posted it in the right forum.

I work in the tech deparment at CompUsa so its a good job for only 16 years old. Well the problem is that one of my friends brought in her computer and she had a trojan. I couldn't find it in HiJackThis so when i did kaspersky scan it caught it. Next thing i do is delete, it right? Well after that everything slowed down so i stopped the scan and put her harddrive back in her machine. i tried to turn it on and it says disk read error. I guess my technition looked at and said the virus took her whole boot sector. Does anyone know what virus this was i didn't happen to catch the name, or anyone hear of this?

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Any of these?

Parity.b
StealthBoot
NYB
Natas
Junkie
Empire Monkey
ONE-HALF
Ugly

Also, I did't know CompUSA hired people our age... What state? They let you fix the computers and such?

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
http://www.filehippo...oad_hijackthis/

there ya go but post it malware forum not here

Burton1

Burton1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
To storm, yeh they hired me. Illinois, im a service writer, i only get to work on certain computers.

to Rushin1nd im not infected everything was restored