Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Broken hinge

• Please log in to reply

jkpj13

jkpj13

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
I just got a Toshiba Tecra 8100 for free (:blink:), but the right hinge appears to be broken. I was wondering if this is a known issue (like my PowerBook had weak hinges that were prone to breaking), or if it was just because this machine was used heavily or abused. I couldn't find any info on Google. Also, I'm kind of dissapponted that Toshiba is no longer fixing the FL inverter board problem for free... :whistling: Thanks!

-John

Edited by jkpj13, 25 October 2006 - 12:14 PM.

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Well, nothing is totally 100% free... Who gave it to you? Did it come with this problem before you received it? How old is the laptop? Usually this is due to abuse, however, you never know.

jkpj13

jkpj13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
well it was my grandma's, and she died, so i got it. she got it for free because someone gave it to her about 2 years ago, and the hinge was broken when she got it. the computer appears to have shipped March 22nd 2000 because i checked the serial number.

EDIT: I should probably include that it was a business machine before she got it so it was probably heavily used

Edited by jkpj13, 25 October 2006 - 02:19 PM.