Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

monitor doesn't come on

• Please log in to reply

cekent

cekent

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently put in a new hard drive,now my monitor doesn't work. I tried replacing the old one with no luck. I purchased my computer at DIT here in Omaha. It has a K7Triton Motherboard,GA-7VKMP VIA chipset. While trying to install the new harddrive I mistakenly pulled the the connector pins from the F_panel,I tried to figure out what the manual was telling me to do in regards to putting the pins back but,it all greek to me. Can anyone tell me in plain english,like I was a five year old how to put them in the right order so I can get my monitor to work? Yes,I've used it on another tower the monitor is fine.

Advertisements

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
here is the link to the MB manual

http://america.giga-...ual_7vkmp_e.pdf

open it go to page 17 (21 in the acrobat file) there is a diagram of the MB and marks all the different units that u might have disconnected.

on the top of pg 20 (24) there is the setting of the power sw....
each line between 2 dots is connection wire (brade) that is labled on the front panel
u connect them based on the diagram.
there is no difference of conection direction.

top of pg 23 (27) is how 2 connect the f_usb soccet location is on pg17 fig -17
here u must take care of + - if u connect it backwards than u will burn either a usb conection or the board

u will notice that the soccet is "missing" a pin that way u can distiguish the direction.
good luck