Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Many PC Problems

• Please log in to reply

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Ok along with another problem i'm being helped withi have many others. Well first off the other problem is that i cant right click my desktop and i also figured out thats its also any thing to do With Windows Explorer. Another thing is that my search is gone from the start menu and when i go into My Computer and click it doesn't work either. Also Msconfig seems to be gone. I ALREADY RAN AN SFC /SCANNOW AND IT DIDN'T FIX THE PROBLEM. there are probably other problems. This all started happening after i got a bit of malware then i got rid of it by running ad-aware and spybot. So any help on this would be rele helpful. If we have to go to extremes i do have a windows cd.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
with the mention of recent malware...and the current list of issues you may want to go to the malware forum to make sure you're clean

Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty (and you may not be) then post a hijackthis log in THE MALWARE FORUM forum.
(Posting HiJack This logs in any other forum other than the malware forum is forbidden. If you post an HJT log in any other forum, it will be removed and it will take you longer to get help, so please make sure you only post HJT logs in the malware forum)

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Can u just help me cause no one ever replies to my posts in the malware forum.

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Did you ever post in the waiting room?

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
No, but I'll wait till its been 3 days first. Meanwhile can someone help me fix my current problems. A lil update on them, the only problems I have now are not being able to right click on the desktop or in Windows Explorer. And the search doesn't work. I have run an XP repair and it fixed the msconfig problem.

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
bump