Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Little red X's

• Please log in to reply

RoadSongs

RoadSongs

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hi Guys

I have AOL and have been having a problem with some websites especially an Italian site for booking train tickets ....some of the buttons on the site where I should be clicking for drop down menus have a little red x there instead and where I should be picking my seats little red x's...... not alll web pages but some any help greatly appreciated have tried aol they just told me to rebuild aol adaptor didnt work

Cheers Steve

Advertisements

keithy397

keithy397

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Don't try to fix it on your own!!
Posted Image

RoadSongs

RoadSongs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hey there

I love the movie that is the little red x how can i fix it then

Steve

keithy397

keithy397

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
I don't know anything about AOL. What browser have you got? Have you tried the site with the dastardly IE or any other browser? What results did you get? Purely guess work at the present but I'm thinking in terms of an IE only site.

Or, have you run any anti spyware/virus progs lately, just in case.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts

Hey there

I love the movie that is the little red x how can i fix it then

Steve

View Post

You may have to set your security options in Norton, if you have it, or Win XP's firewall. Try turning off Norton and running without it first. If it doesn't work, leave it off and turn off XP's firewall and see if you can view the images then. SP 2 sets some security defaults and other protocols once it gets installed and updated.

Ron

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Haven't heard from you.

If you still have problem, try reading this page :

Pictures Do Not Show.

Ron

RoadSongs

RoadSongs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hi there

Sorry have been away problem has been resolved thanx for all your help much appreciated

Steve

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Since problem is resolved, would you post a solution for others to read should they have same problem? That's provided your solution wasn't something like getting a new PC. :tazz:

Ron