Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop build with tv tuner question

• Please log in to reply

pedalwench

pedalwench

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Ok, here's what I would like to do. Somebody please tell me if it's even possible !

I'm considering purchasing a new laptop. I would like to be able to use it as a digital video recorder so I'd need a tv tuner. After recording a program, I would like to take my laptop and plug it into my 52" tv and watch what I have recorded. Is that even possible, or do I HAVE to watch it on the laptop? What are the system requirements to do this?

Also, I have photoshop on my old laptop (xp home), and would like it on my new one, but lost the installion cd when I moved. Anyway to get photoshop transfered to a new laptop?

Thanks

Advertisements

pedalwench

pedalwench

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
anybody?

kidnova

kidnova

• PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
You would need a DVI or S-video output and a graphics card capable of pushing video to a 52" TV. Not sure on the photoshop question, you would probably have better luck in the software forum.