Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Media Player

• Please log in to reply

Cripple

Cripple

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Using latest version but for some reason when i try to play a dvd, it will play the first couple of seconds then come up with an error report and close the program.

Dvd's play fine when i open them with Dell Media Experience, got a dell inspiron notebook, but come up with the error when i try to play them with any other program. Can anyone help me?

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Welcome Cripple :D

Windows Media player doesn't have built-in suuport for playing DVD's, it must rely on third party CODECS. It sounds as though yours may not be compatible with the latest Media Player. Try checking the publishers site for your DVD software (Dell?) and see if an update is available. <_<

Cripple

Cripple

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the welcome <_< ,

I have all the new codecs, i watched these dvds three weeks ago and they went fine. Two weeks ago I had my CD-DVD Rom replaced as it failed to read everything. Since then I have only been able to play dvds through media experience.

I'm also unable to watch dvds using the viewers installed off of them. Just comes up with the same error message.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Hmmm... I wonder if Dell Media Experience is causing conflicts? If you have this software backed up, try uninstalling it to see if that helps. <_<