Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Have to reload pages often

• Please log in to reply

AnaMayShun

AnaMayShun

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I've been having problems with my internet for about 3 weeks now. Whenever I go to a web page, I have to reload the page to make sure the current stuff is up. Like on Yahoo! Sports, whenever I go there, whatever was the last thing I saw on the main page the day before, it always showing up the next time I go there. But once I hit refresh it updates. Is there a way to fix this? I tried deleting my files. That didn't work for me. I ran a trojan finding program they didn't find anything. I was hoping this problem would go away, but it seems like it's here to stay. Thanks to anyone who can help me out.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
On a web page, click tools, internet options, advanced, tick do not save encrypted pages to disc, tick empty the temporary internet files folder when the browser is closed, click apply

Which version of IE are you using?

AnaMayShun

AnaMayShun

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

On a web page, click tools, internet options, advanced, tick do not save encrypted pages to disc, tick empty the temporary internet files folder when the browser is closed, click apply

Which version of IE are you using?

I just tried doing that. And even restarted the browser and I'm still having the same problems. I'm using IE 7.0.5730.11 . But I'm also having the same problems using Firefox.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
On a web page, click tools, internet options, click settings for browsing history, put the dot in automatic or every time I visit the web page, click apply

AnaMayShun

AnaMayShun

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

On a web page, click tools, internet options, click settings for browsing history, put the dot in automatic or every time I visit the web page, click apply

I think that worked. Thanks for the help.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting me know