Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

volume and brightness level boxes

• Please log in to reply

ShurikenAura

ShurikenAura

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I have a Dell Inspiron 600m laptop that's about a year old...Apparently something happened while I was cleaning out junk files and now whenever I change the brightness or adjust the volume using keyboard shortcuts (Fn Up/Down, volume buttons), the boxes that normally appear on the lower right hand of the screen don't show up anymore...At one point I had to reinstall Windows (not reformatting hard drive), and they still won't show. Anyone know how I can get them back?

Advertisements

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
what about downloading the drivers from the maker's site, there is normally a direct contact email address too if you don't know what you are looking for exactly

ShurikenAura

ShurikenAura

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Nope, didn't help...