Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

GeeksToGo wont work correctly in FF 2

• Please log in to reply

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Im using Firefox 2, and when i went to GTG the layout was different so i thought maybe their changing it. Then i clicked the forums and its an all white background with the links to the forums. I dont know what the problem is. It works perfectly in IE.

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
That happens to me occasionally in IE- the page looks likes the Lo-Fi version until I click refresh. Let's see if someone else is experiencing problems with FF2 before we "fix" anything. The G2G board is getting BIG, and now and then there are glitches. If you continue to have the problem, note the time it happened, and let an Admin know.
Johanna

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Nothing wrong with it here under Firefox 2.

ProEd

ProEd

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
I am a diehard FireFox fan/user, currently running 1.5.0.7. I spotted the news release today on GTG's homepage re: FF2's recent release and did some web research for reviews and user opinions. While reading opinions on any software I pay more attention to the Con's and less attention to the Pro's, since many software upgrades are of limited use to me in general. From what I've read FF2 offers useful, but not seizmic, upgrades but there seems to be a common thread among a number of users that Mozilla has some bugs to work out as yet (e.g., tabbing, plugins, untimely web shut downs, etc.). Among several sites I have visited; (professional?) critics rate FF2 at 8+ vs 7+ for users. Not bad either way, but I prefer a 9+. All rate FF higher than IE in most all areas.

I'm not into becoming a "guinea pig" so I think I'll wait awhile before downloading FF2. Hopefully Mozilla will fix the bugs soon.

There are some very good articles on the web re: FF2. Do a Google, or other, search and check them out for yourself.

Happy trails.