Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

.rmvb converter

• Please log in to reply

Thexgene14

Thexgene14

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
I Love .rmvb files. Very small and they keep the quality very good. Great for saving space with all the tele episodes I download.

So, I want to convert all my .avi files to .rmvb or .rm...what is the best program for this and what settings should I use to get best results? I still do care about quality though...

Please someone that knows what they are talking about reply...I can google and see 1000's of programs like this just as easily as you can. I'm looking for the best...price doesn't really matter...Thanx in advance... :whistling:

Advertisements

officialblueboys

officialblueboys

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
Try Mediacoder . It is the best
www.freewarefiles.com/program_6_81_18085.html

runningtiger

runningtiger

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Knowledge about rm/rmvb

As you know, these two kinds of formats, RM and RMVB, are less than superior in technology side. But as a result of their ubiquitous usage on the internet, these two formats have stayed as, with several other formats, indispensable types in the market. MP4 products at present are alleged to support many kinds of formats through self-enabled decoding ability, but not RM/RMVB, thus largely decreased practicability.

In this age of internet ubiquity, RM/RMVB as container of videos have dominated most PCs. To play RM/RMVB videos requires decoding of files by some kind of soft, and adds to the demands for higher quality of chips in a portable video player. For PC, it must has a PIII level of CPU ,in order to support automatic decoding and playing ,while some video players, after some optimizations till now, have been able to support as high quality as QVGA for RMVB decoding.