Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

When I close 1 window, they ALL close

• Please log in to reply

Sassasfrass

Sassasfrass

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Lately, when I've had several windows open and decide to close one, I click on the X like I always have, but it's been closing all of them, instead of just the one that I've chosen. I thought it might be some sort of spypware, but I ran a couple of anti-spyware programs and though it found some stuff, which I removed, it hasn't changed the weird window problem.

I've been using windows since the beginning of time (or so it seems) and I've never had this happen. It's annoying because lots of times, I'm listening to a podcast or something while I'm working and I have to go and find everything & start all over again. Any suggestions? I'm using Windows XP, Home Edition. Thanks!

Advertisements

officialblueboys

officialblueboys

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
Are you talking about Internet explorer or some other software

If you are talkin abt IE so better use Firefox or Opera . They give u tabular interface so that u don't have to open separate windows for each website

Sassasfrass

Sassasfrass

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Thanks, I am using IE. Which one is better between the two you suggested?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Do you get a box asking to close all tabs

Do you get this if you open IE twice using start / IE then use the red x to close one

officialblueboys

officialblueboys

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
Well I think both of them are equal . But I prefer Opera . Use anyone of them . Atleast both of them are better than IE :whistling: