I have a really bad issue(s) with this computer. Here are the specs on it:
3.2 GHz Pentium 4 Processor
2.0 GB PC3200 Ram
200 GB Seagate Hard Drive
Asus P4P800-VM Motherboard
6600 GT Video Card
Windows XP Home Edition w/SP2 (OEM version from my old Dell)
I have never had a problem with this copy of windows. I have ran it on my old Dell with very few problems… but my old Dell had to be retired and now I currently have this machine. The problems started almost immediately after I put this OS on the computer.
Here is the list of problems:
1. At start up at the login screen of XP I get this message: (this happens very rarely)
“Windows Registry Recovery
One of the files containing the system’s registry date had to be recovered by use of a log or alternate copy. The recovery was successful.”
2. At Start up and after login this happens: (this happens sometimes)
800X600 pixels (can’t change)
4 bit color quality (can’t change)
So I have to restart the computer and it seems to fix the problem.
3. At Start up and after log on this happens: (this happens everyday!)
Theme is changed from XP to Windows Classic.
I replace the “luna” files and it fixes the problem temporarily.
4. At Start UP I get this message: (this has happened only twice)
“Not a valid copy of window? Or Key?”
I can’t logon to a user so I just restart the computer and problem is gone.
5. This has been happening more frequently: I start the computer up from cold, and just after the windows loading screen it crashes and restarts… does this about 3 times before it loads up properly.
I have formatted/reinstalled XP twice now and it hasn’t helped. I’m clueless as to what to do with this thing anymore… I have done all kinds of scans and nothing has helped.
Some other info that might be useful: I ‘slipstreamed’ my OEM windows xp disc with SP2 so I don’t have to download SP2 all the time. I noticed the worst of the computer problems after I installed the new hard drive and extra 1 GB ram. Not sure if that’s coincidence or not?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!